Fact: most diets seem to succeed in the short-term and fail in the long-term.
Yes, you lose weight, but 95% of people who lose weight by dieting will regain it (often becoming heavier than they were in the first place) within 1-5 years.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Dieting is a temporary food plan and in many cases, the cutting out of major food groups, or dramatically reduced calorie intake can lead to a cycle of dieting, followed by binge eating and further weight gain. Many eating disorders begin with people trying to lose weight through ‘dieting’.
- Some ‘fad diets’ or miracle ‘weight loss potions’ may lack the essential nutrients your body needs and are unsustainable in the long term. So, when you've completed your ‘fad diet’, just like with any other ‘diet’ you simply revert back to the unhealthy eating patterns that caused your weight gain in the first place, probably having spent a fortune in the process.
- Dieting is stressful: stress hormones act on fat cells to increase abdominal fat.
- For many, weight problems and over-eating can be conditions caused by underlying psychological reasons, so no amount of ‘dieting’ will get to the root cause of the problem. Therapy could be necessary to help identify situations behind emotional overeating, before being able to achieve healthy weight loss.
- The good news is there is a way to lose weight and keep it off for good. The brain's weight-regulation system will maintain a stable, healthy weight for most people, if it's allowed to do its job without interference from dieting and other short-sighted slimming strategies. How? Stop focusing on weight, lose the diet and lose the diet mind-set.
How hypnotherapy can help
Weight loss hypnotherapy addresses your lifestyle, eating habits and the root cause of your overeating, helping you to achieve your weight loss goals in a safe and natural way. By using a combination of hypnotic techniques, mindfulness and NLP it is possible to successfully reprogram your subconscious mind to change your relationship with food for the better, thus increasing the probability of achieving a healthier lifestyle in the long-term. It can help you to overcome cravings, to free you from thinking about food all the time, to deal with stress, to boost your confidence and self-esteem, to motivate you to exercise and most importantly, to feel happy being you.
Rebecca at RD Hypnotherapy is a fully certified HypnoSlimmer consultant. HypnoSlimmer are the world leader in hypnotherapy
for weight loss and the virtual hypnotic gastric band. We offer a range of personalised 1-2-1 weight control packages to suit individual needs. Group sessions are also available on request.
Want to know more?
Book your FREE consultation today